CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Days are Nights and Nights are Days









You will notice in this picture that Madeline and I are sleeping during the daytime. This is because my little precious angel seems to have her days and nights completely screwed up. I've been up with Madeline the past three nights anywhere from 1opm until 3:30 ish. As soon as the sun goes down, she's ready to party like it's 1999 and Mommy and Daddy just want to get a little shut eye. Any advice from parents who have recently been through this stage is greatly appreciated. I'm trying everything I can to get her to stay awake in the daytime but it doesn't seem to be working. I've been reading this book called Babywise, which is a baby book for new parents that introduces the parent directed feeding method. The method promotes a very specific feeding and sleeping schedule throughout the day but Madeline hasn't seem to jump on the bandwagon yet. I think I may asking a little too much of her since she is only three weeks old. Hee hee. Carson went back to work this week but he's off the next three days so we're going to get Maddie out in the stroller. We've yet to use it but Jana and I got the car seat put in it yesterday and tested it out. Madeline is ready to ride in style in her Mint green and black stroller.














A picture with open eyes! It's hard to tell but they are blue.



















I love this little preppy dress!
My friend, Dee Dee, got this for Madeline and it's so stinkin' cute.















Madeline and Dr. Prentice


















Isn't this terrible? This is Maddie's face when I have to rub down her body with a wet washcloth because she doesn't want to wake up to eat during the day.
So sad!




Madeline posing with Big Daddy and Mimi (Carson's parents). We took her to church at South Mac to show her off on Sunday.























































































































































































3 comments:

Lyndsey Newton said...

I am sorry I have no advice-but she is so sweet! I love the pictures...sleeping or not! She is Carson made over! I am so excited for you and hope things get a little easier soon. If it helps I do have friends who had success with Babywise-you take care and I can't wait to meet sweet angel!

Libby said...

Hey Nyss...I'm so sorry that she has her days and nights confused, I hope she gets it together soon, I know it's miserable when you aren't getting any sleep...those pictures are just too cute! We'll have to come visit next time we are in town...you look so good, too! Love you...

Wendy said...

Oh, I remember that rediculously tired feeling and I'm not looking forward to having it again! Every baby is so different. What works for one won't work for another. I really tried to keep Ethan on an every 3 hour feeding schedule day and night. He was pretty quick to fall into the schedule. Even once she's sleeping more you'll still be tired! Ethan is two and a half and I'm still tired! :-)