CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

State Fair and Dex

Our sweet new puppy, Dexter!

Love the hair in this one!
He was trying to hold her hand! Hee Hee!



Aaawh! Aidan loves Maddie. She was a little unsure at this point.

Carson told me that Big Tex is wearing real denim blue jeans! Biggest wranglers ever!


We had a great time at the fair this year. We went with our friend, Ryan, and a sweet couple, Jeremy and Amanda. Their little boy, Aidan, is 8 mos. old and he was CRAZY about Maddie! He wanted to love on her and she was just letting him. I didn't think we would have to start dealing with boys this soon in her life. Oh my goodness! Hee hee. We walked around for 6 hours and somehow never made it to most of the kids activities. I don't think the babies minded much, though. I had my traditional food items this year: Fletcher's corny dog, buttery corn on the cob, and a funnel cake for dessert. I think I calculated that my fair meal was somewhere around $20. It seems crazy when you think about how pricey fair food it but it REALLY is worth it. You can't find a better corny dog anywhere else in my opinion. As you can see from the last picture, Madeline is smiling all the time now. It's one of the sweetest sights I've ever experienced in my life. There's nothing that gives a mother more joy that when her baby looks into her eyes and flashes a huge smile for the first time. It's the BEST feeling ever!!!! She is sleeping great at night, about 8 hours straight through. I still get up in the middle of the night to do the breathing test (I put my finger under her nose to feel her breath or lay my hand on her chest to feel it rising.) Her daddy is right by my side, too. He loves to check on her, swaddle her up, and hold her close when she cries. It has always amazed me to see how good Carson is with babies. He loves to play and talk to her and his heart just melts when she smiles at him. I always thought he was going to be stern and tough on our children, but I think having a girl is going to make him a bit of a softy. hee hee. All is well here for now and we are thankful for all that God has blessed us with in our lives.

1 comments:

Libby said...

That last picture is so sweet, Nyss!! What a beautiful smile. Looks like y'all had a blast at the State Fair...you better watch out for those boys! Could you email me your address, I need to send y'all an invite to Gracie's birthday:)