CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My baby is ONE!!! How did that happen?

Maddie turned one today. I can't believe how fast the first year of her life has passed by me. It's been such a treasure to watch her grow and see how much she has changed over the past year. Here's a couple of pics so you can see for yourself.










So sweet! We had a fun and relaxing day. I made blueberry muffs this morning and attempted to put Maddie's birthday hat on and she screamed and squirmed until I finally threw the hat and said "Forget it!" We'll try again at her birthday party this weekend but I'm sure we'll get the same results. After her morning nap, we took her to Joe Pool to feed the fish and ducks and then it was on to the park for some swinging. I'm sure you would rather see pics of all these things that just read about them but my computer is messing up (as usual) and I can't get the pics dowloaded. I'll try again tomorrow.
So, after the park, we took Mads back home and gave her the first of her two birthday cakes. I made the healthy carrot cake recipe from the "What to Expect" book, but the healthy ingredients in it were cancelled out by the sugary yummy cream cheese frosting I put on the cake. She grabbed for the icing immediately and pretty much just stuck with that until I acutally cut her some of the cake off to eat. Again, I will try to post some pics again tomorrow so you can see all the fun! Our last trip of the day was to Target. Nothing spectacular to Mom and Dad, but extremely fun to a one year old who has learned how to run away from her parents!
I'm enjoying these last few days to spend with Maddie before I go back to work full time. I'm excited to teach again, but I'm going to miss being with my little girl during the day. Say a little prayer that she and I will make it through these next couple of weeks without any serious breakdowns! Maddie has already spent a morning with Mrs. Becky at her home and she loved it! I know God opened the door for this opportunity for me to go back to work and he provided a warm and loving woman to take care of my child while I'm there. The best part is that she lives right by my school. I'm very blessed.

Happy Birthday Madeline Reese! Mommy and Daddy love you!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I can't believe she is one either. I think we met her when she was just a few weeks old.... Hope you all do well as you adjust to your new schedule. Have fun teaching!
~Lucy

Libby said...

She is so precious, Nyss! Prayers will be said as you go back to work, I know it will be hard, but I bet she will have so much fun playing with other kids...she's a pretty lucky baby herself to have y'all for parents!! Happy Birthday Maddie!!!

Wendy said...

I had no idea she was about to be one! Time really does fly...wait till number two comes along. It sure is hard to go back to work but you'll be in a groove before you know it!

Mittig family said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! I totally lost track of the date-I'm sorry I didn't call her! She is such a cutie and I'm glad she had a great birthday. Can't wait to see more pics of her birthday!