CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Fun and Jamie's Baby Shower

I hosted my first baby shower a couple of weeks ago for my friend, Jamie! She was a beautiful mommy to be! My sweet mom and friend, Paula, helped get the table all set that you see below there.



My first ice ring in the punch bowl. It was so easy to make!!!

Hostesses and Jamie



She got so many cute outfits. Her mom made all the bows you see below and the cute purple onesie tutu. She made one for Maddie too! Yippee!
Almost ready to start walking with Daddy!
Swimming with her cuz in her birthday suit


First taste of a popsicle. Yummy!

Mommy liked it too!

Ashlyn looks like this in EVERY pic we take of her. She always yelling, "CHEESE"

Maddikins at the Family Reunion.


I seriously don't know how this child stays so small....she eats everything!!

Maddie and Aidan
(Don't you love his name, all you SATC fans?)

Lil' rocker


June has been a busy month so far. We been to my family reunion, Austin, and New Braunfels to hang out at Schlitterbaun! I Love Schlitterbaun!!!! It reminds me of my youth, but I'll talk about that a little bit later. Madeline is 10 months old as of last Friday. She's standing unsupported now and she took SIX steps last night. Of course, Carson was at work when it happened and I had to call and tell him about it. We tried to redo the scene this morning but no such luck. She's taking a few steps here and there and it's so neat to see her build up her confidence and just take off. She still prefers to crawl because she knows she can get around faster that way. She's jibbering and jabbering all the time and says "Hiyee" the moment you say it to her. She's pat-a-caking about 100 times a day...I love it. It's so cute to see them clapping and rolling up the dough. Her absolute favorite thing to do is to get into something she in not supposed to and then have me call out her name and say "NO!" She abruptly jumps up and starts hauling the other direction waiting for me to chase after, pick her up, and tickle her. It's sooooo CUTE!!! Man, I love my baby!!
We went down to Georgetown last weekend to see our parents (my in-laws), Mimi and Big Daddy to Maddie. We hung out on 6th street Saturday in Austin. They were having a huge bike rally and we saw a ridiculous amount of Harleys. We checked out the botanical gardens and they were somewhat disapointing, compared to FT. Worth. If you're planning a visit there, I would skip it and check out Barton Springs instead. Sunday, we headed for the San Marcos outlets and then to Schlitterbaun. I have not been since I was a kid and a lot had changed about th park, but they still had the same rides that I remembered riding as a child. I LOVE all the tube rides there. We went on all my old favorites and they had several new areas for children. Very kid friendly park!!! We are planning to go back next month with my family and see the other half of the park that we missed this time around. It was packed as usual, but by Sun. everning there were no lines and we could walk right up to the rides. SOOOO much fun. Loved it! Unfortunately, I don't have any pics because I was too busy riding rides but Mimi is going to send me some so I can post some of Maddie.
Have a great week!!!!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a cute blog, Anyssa. I found it through Kristy's and have enjoyed seeing all the adorable pictures. I love Schlitterbahn too...it's my favorite!!

Unknown said...

I loved all the pictures you had! Beautiful shower...congrats on your first one. And your little Maddie is just precious! I can't believe she is almost 1 yr old. Are you planing a big party? Hope you all are doing well and we hope to see you next time we are in the States!
~Lucy

Libby said...

I keep meaning to post a comment on how great the shower was and how beautiful everything was, but I seem to be a little busy here lately:) You did a fantastic job hosting! Love all of the other pics, too...keep 'em coming...thanks again for coming to see us, I know the drive wasn't the shortest!! Love you...